I’m not the most prolific of bloggers, but after that first post on the 30th June 2012 “Hello world! Of Architecture and Change” this is now the 100th post – WOOHOO! As you can see above, I had a fairly modest celebration with a few Grenadier mates – thanks guys ;-)
As with any Base-10 based moment, I think it’s time for a bit of reflection and cogitation… What better place to start than the “mission statement” from that first post:
If you’re interested in IT, Privacy, Science, Maths, Process, Systems (of people and technical), Programming, Organisations and any other topics that grab my attention, then you may want to follow this.
So how did I score?
- I think I had pretty good coverage of IT, Process, People Systems and Organisations
- But, I only touched on maths and didn’t really cover any Science, Technical Systems (ironic or not, as that’s what I work with much of the time) or Privacy (although I did tweet a lot on this as I have some pretty strong and liberal views on this).
- “any other topics” covered a number of things such as some funny movies, inspiring kids, The DailyRiczWest which was an attempt at semi-automatic curation, some physical and virtual holidays, and some reviews of things and conferences. I also chatted with some bots, lamented Generation Debt Recession, Curated some Tweets by Jennifer Sertl, was on a train with a Happy American Conductor in the UK, used The Most Expensive form of travel in The World, did a Juice Reboot and went to a Campus PARTY all in the past 1.5 years!
The inevitable question is where now? Firstly, I think it’s time for a renewed mission statement:
To boldly go, where I've not gone before To seek out new ways of being, living, thinking and working To explore seemingly strange new worlds and ideas of other people These are the voyages of me... In physical, virtual, emotional & mental space: The final frontiers
- I like blogging about “anything”. I know this may be frustrating for some who very much stay on a particular “message topic”, as one day I’m talking about a product, another some programming, people or an organisation type. Well, that’s just me so I won’t change that…
- I do want to increase the “technical content”, by which I mean around Architecture, Design and Programming. I got drawn down a people and process rabbit hole, which in some ways culminated with previous post on Toxic Waterfall. I’ll still blog in this area, but have a lot of technical ideas I want to explore and talk about along the way
- I think topics like Maths, Science, Privacy and the like are probably better covered on Twitter, which I’ll be getting back on to next year after I’ve returned from a well earned break in Australia
- People (& Organisations)
- Process (with People and Organisations)
- Technology (to implement Processes for People in Organisations)
but most importantly in a humane context